Study Abroad Tips & Advice
It is difficult to compare the rewards one can benefit from studying overseas with whatever else. The experience may change your view from being local to global and your attitudes to global. Not just that but you will probably gain friendships and memories to last a lifetime.
Interestingly though, one of the biggest barriers causing students to decide not to study overseas, is that they think it will be too costly and or too difficult. The overseas students who do choose to study overseas and use the services of an education broker are often quite surprised by how simple it was to arrange, and also at how affordable it can be.
This information is a helpful and will probably offer some good strategies and tips for prospective overseas students looking to study abroad. Although the following advice can be helpful, it's encouraged that students see a skilled education broker to make certain they get up-to-date and current research overseas advice tailored to their specific needs and circumstances.
Why study abroad?
• Language acquisition – The world market area is shrinking and several businesses now search for or need employees that can speak a second language. For students in Thailand or Asia in which English is a second language, being able to speak English can be a significant advantage in the competitive labor market. Not only is being able to speak another language such as English important from a career standpoint, but it is also valuable from a real-world perspective.
• Practical expertise – Study combined with work experience may be an perfect way to gain some real world experience. Many students are surprised to learn that in many nations like Australia they're free to operate and gain an income when studying (now at the time of this article being written it is 20 hours a week using a student visa). If this is factored into the expense of studying overseas it can significantly reduce the expense and studying and working abroad can be very affordable.
• Career Advancement – International experience is much sort after by many companies as a crucial asset for prospective employees. Study overseas demonstrates that you are resourceful, adventurous, globally minded, and diverse. In addition, in most countries like Thailand it is extremely aggressive and costly to acquire selection into a highly respected university. By not gaining choice to a high university you may be limiting your career potential unnecessarily. Study abroad is just another alternative however which will enable you to studying overseas in a country such as Australia and obtain English language abilities and once completed will see you just as attractive or more so to potential employers not only in Thailand but around the world.
• Experience of a life – In a couple years you will forget a lot of what you have studied in high school and university but should you study abroad you'll never forget the friends you created or the incredible experiences you shared.
Once you have made the decision to study abroad you may then wish to find an instruction agent to guide you through the procedure. But what if you look for in finding the right education agent for you? There Are Lots of education agents and this job is not as easy as it seems, but if you follow the tips below you will be on the right path to finding a broker for you:
1) Look for an education agent that are members of peak body organizations in not only your home nation but also the country you wish to study. By doing this you can be more assured the agent you've selected is professional and dependable. For Instance, pupils from Thailand wanting to study in Australia should select an agent registered with the Thai International Education Consultants Association (TIECA) from Thailand and the Skilled Instruction Agent Counsellor Database (QEACP) at the destination country Australia.
2) Prospective international students must also search for education agents that have registered company' and offices in both their home country and the destination country. In the example used above this might require the broker to have a fixed business address and offices in both Thailand and Australia. By ensuring that your schooling broker has an office in your home state it will be much simpler, and probably faster, to organise the necessary paperwork before you are ready to study, including visas and school enrolment. In addition, by assessing your education agent has an office in the nation you wish to study, such as Australia, you may be assured that if you need assistance or support, with such matters as visa renewal, you will have the ability to access this a lot more readily. More schooling agents should offer such support services free of charge if you have enrolled with them prior to arriving to Australia. It's important to look at this yet or you might be charged for basic support requirements, such as writing to your college or government departments concerning visa issues.
3) When searching for a good education agent pupils should also make sure that the agent they select supplies accurate information regarding educational associations and doesn't merely refer you to schools or universities which they receive the most significant commission from. As an example, some broker have been known to push their students to a small number of schools so as they can be given a larger commission from the schools in question. The very best way to make sure that this does not occur and that you go to the best college for you, rather than the agent, would be to follow Point 1 above and ensure the agent is registered with appropriate authorities. The schooling agent you select must use you to discuss your own personal interests and conditions and from that develop a tailored and individualized study plan for you. For the majority of people this should signify the agent can provide you quite a few alternative study options for you to select from, rather than just one or 2.