• Study Metro RSS

  • Useful Links

  • PayPal

    Processing Fee
  • FB Messanger

How to Go to the Caribbean in an F1 Visa

How to Go to the Caribbean in an F1 Visa

The F1 visa is a overseas student visa issued to international students and scholars for graduate or undergraduate studies in a college in the United States. A visitor/tourist visa is valid to be used by a foreign citizen mostly going to the United States for tourism, but also intending to have a brief course for recreational study that is less than 18 hours each week. A course requiring school attendance for 18 hours or more per week requires a student visa. This also applies when attending seminars or conferences to get credit towards a diploma.
Prepare your passport and be sure it has a valid F1 visa stamp to enter and out of the United States. According to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, "all air travelers returning to the U.S. in the Caribbean have been required to present their passports at U.S. Customs." Your passport has to be valid for at least six months past the day of re-entry into U.S.
Safe a Form I-20 traveling endorsement from your college. This is usually valid for a one-time interval from the date it was signed. Further documents may also be required for demonstration, such as a letter from an employer confirming that you're employed or offered employment and supporting financial documentation.
Travel in Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean with an expired F1 visa is possible through "Auto Revalidation." This may apply if the journey is for business or pleasure and the maximum stay is up to 30 days. Be sure to get a legitimate F1 standing, an I-94 marked "Admitted F-1 before D/S" and have a recent travel signature in your I-20. All these have to be handled through your university's international students office or section.
Throughout your journey from the United States to the Caribbean, check your I-94 card prior to leaving the inspection area to make certain that it's properly notated with F1, D/S. Your card and passport will be easily returned to you, so you don't need to receive a new I-94 card on re-entry into the United States. Otherwise, if the I-94 card has been eliminated, you must find a brand new one with F1 notation first upon re-entry.
Secure all your travel documents when returning from the Caribbean to the United States. Upon attaining the U.S. port of entry, show your passport and the rest of your prepared travel documents such as the Form I-20 and supporting financial documentation to the immigration inspector.

%d bloggers like this: